First, I haven't had much time to blog. With working, sleeping, eating, getting training in, trying to keep my house looking decent and tv (thank god for tivo) ... when is there time?!
Second, I don't feel like I have much to blog about. I've been getting most of my workouts in. But they're not all that exciting. Swimming in the pool at the gym, biking on my trainer at home, running on the treadmill ... who wants to hear about that??
This Sunday (1/25) we have an Olympic Distance Triathlon at Treasure Island in San Francisco. I am beyond terrified of swimming in The Bay. I'm pretty sure there are sharks in there, although people tell me otherwise. Part of being an Ironman is pushing yourself to do things you're not comfortable with - this is definitely one of them.
The triathlon this weekend will consist of a .93 mile swim, 24.8 mile bike and 6.2 mile run. It is in honor of Louie Bonpua. You can watch a video about Louie here:
Thank you to everyone who has donated so far:
Simpson Strong-Tie
Grandma & Grandpa Carter
Leo Basurto
Cyndi Hobbs
Dawn Polder
Tom Kuhar
Elizabeth Styles
Gordon Johnson
John Bacon
Bette Hull
Vida Reiss
Al & Terri Dutch
I have currently reached 25% of my $6,000 goal. THANK YOU!
No comments:
Post a Comment