Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Weekend is Here!

Well Almost. This weekend my mom and I are heading down to Lake San Antonio - and I'm so excited! I don't know why. We'll be doing a 1/2 Ironman on Saturday. I've done the course before and it's hard and hilly and painful. I shouldn't be looking forward to it at all but for some reason I am. I am so freaking excited I can hardly contain myself!

I completely took this week off from working out. We weren't supposed to, but I had to. My shin splints were so bad that it just hurt all day long. Walking hurt, sitting hurt, standing hurt. With all the running (ahem walking) I'll be doing on Saturday - I wanted my legs to heal as much as they can. And the only real way to heal shin splints is with rest. So I'm taking full advantage!

The weather at Lake San Antonio is unknown. Some websites say sunny and 70 degrees. Others say severe wind and 65 degrees. Others say 40% chance of rain and 60 degrees. So we're going prepared for everything.

On a side note - Between my mom and I, we still have about $4600 left to fundraise. Our head coach, Dave, just sent an email showing us that he shaved his head for our training weekend. Some people started offering donations for anyone else who shaved their head at training weekend. I thought, if I'm going to shave my head - it's gotta be a BIG donation. SO, depending on where we're at with our fundraising in a couple months ... I MIGHT throw out the idea where we host a lunch at work and if we raise enough money to meet both our goals, then I will shave it. And let the people who donated the most take turns. OMG - what am I thinking? Let's hope it doesn't come to that. Although, think of all the $ I will save from not having to cut and color it!

No comments: