I finished!! There were many points throughout the day I thought I wouldn't ... but I did! It was a very very long day. I know I should be happy with myself for finishing - but I can't help thinking about what I could have done differently to get a better time. Training more probably would have helped ... too late now though. I can only look forward and hope to beat my time next year. That's right - I'm doing this stupid thing again. I don't know why - I think about it and I'm pretty sure I was miserable throughout the entire race. I'm not sure why I would want to put myself through that again ... I guess because it's only 2 days later and I feel great. I feel like I'm ready to get back into training.
So - what's next?? Planning on doing Bay-to-Breakers in a couple weeks, climbing Half-Dome at the end of May, signing up for the three tri-for-funs and the tri-for-real over the summer and also signing up for a 1/2 marathon in October. I figure that shoud keep me busy enough until it's time to really start training for Wildflower 2009.
1 comment:
Congrats Michelle! Thxs for being such an inspiration!
Post a Comment