Monday, February 11, 2008

Weekend Update

Our first coached workout was this Saturday - it's now Monday and I'm still sore. My Saturday started at 5:45am - I got up, got ready and had toast with pb&j for breakfast. I arrived at Dougherty Highschool a little early (45 minutes early). It was about 40 degrees outside - so I opted to sit in my car and listen to the radio instead of sitting outside waiting for training to start.

The swim started around 8:30ish. Since this was our first swim training together - I decided to go in one of the slower lanes (5 lanes from the slowest lane) since I wasn't sure what everyone else's abilities were. I didn't want to be in a lane where I was struggling to keep up. I decided next week I will move up 2 or 3 lanes since I was probably the fastest in that lane.
Total Yards: 1300 (52 laps or .74 miles)

After the swim, we had a quick running form clinic where we were shown proper running techniques (easier said than done). Before we left for our run we had a moment of silence for Lori Humphreys (our honoree that past away). The entire workout on Saturday was dedicated to her.

The 1/2 Ironman participants had an option to run 4 or 5 miles. My goal was to complete 5 miles - I ended up going 4. The first 2 miles were okay. The next two were awful. I ended up doing a run/walk for the last 2 miles. I felt more tired than usual. But I usually don't swim for an hour and then try to run. I'm sure it will get better.
Total Mileage: 4.3 (in 48 minutes)

I was supposed to bike on Sunday, but I just felt really tired and a little sore. I decided to take the day off and instead am going to a spin class tonight.



No comments: