Monday, September 13, 2010

28 Days to Health: Week 1

Day 2 - Weight 151

I knew I had a party to go to where I wouldn't be able to eat anything so instead I had dinner before the party and took a bag of peas to snack on while everyone else was snacking on chips and guacamole. I was satisfied with my peas.

I noticed today I'm feeling a little weak - not necessarily tired - just weak. Some things seems to take all my energy and I find myself trying to catch my breath.

Later in the evening after we were leaving the party, I started to get a throbbing headache. We were told we could experience flu like symptoms for the first week or two as our bodies are getting rid of toxins. I guess they weren't kidding. My headache continued all night.

Day 3 - Weight 150.5

I woke up several times throughout the night to pee. Each time I realized my headache was still there. When I finally woke up this morning for work, the headache was even worse than before. As if that wasn't enough - I felt completely nauseous. To the point where I thought about calling in sick and laying in bed all day.

Luckily the nauseousness subsided somewhere around late morning. But the headache continued ALL DAY!!

For dinner, I made Greek Stuffed Chicken with klamata olives, artichoke hearts, cherry tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, onion, and probably some other ingredients. Served with a Cucumber and Tomato salad. Another benefit of this cleanse is I'm actually learning to make new meals and willing to try some new things :)

Went to bed somewhat early ... and headache free!

Day 4 - Weight 149

Yesterday I added up the calories in all the teas, shakes and dinner and and it only came to about 1200 cal. This is way too low. So Nate talked to the nutritionist last night and asked about our calorie intake. She agreed - we need to get more calories in during the day. So she suggested adding more calories to our shakes, adding another meal during the day, eating more at dinner time and/or healthy snacks.

For my shakes today I added more coconut milk and I took raw almonds to work to snack on.

Had a slight headache in the morning - came and went periodically throughout the day.

Day 5 - Weight 148.5

I LOVE seeing the numbers on the scale drop every day.

Woke up with a slight headache. Then aggravated it by a hectic morning of waking up late and scrambling to get to work on time. Didn't eat breakfast until almost 11am. Headache finally went away in the afternoon.

Day 6 - Weight 148


Slight upset stomach this morning - nothing major. Tired during the day - but I think due to boredom at work.

Day 7 - Weight 147.5

So this is the end of week 1. It's been a lot easier than I thought it would be. I wasn't looking forward to drastically changing my eating habits but it hasn't been that hard. I still don't have any cravings for food (although the donuts sitting in the kitchen at work did look good). Normally I wouldn't have the willpower to stay away from them but today I just looked and kept on walking. Last night we went to a bar for a friend's birthday and I think that was the most difficult part ... sitting at a bar and not able to drink.

I'm pretty tired today but I didn't sleep well last night. Hoping this sleeping thing gets better as the cleanse goes on.

We start "actively" cleansing tomorrow. This week was all about removing inflammatory foods from our diet. Considering I lost 7 lbs this week just by removing these foods makes me wonder what it was I was eating before that made my body hold on to the weight. I ate relatively healthy ... but there must have been something in my diet that my body didn't like.

No comments: